- The Roon/Crestron module is now both 3-Series and 4-Series compatible!
- The module is now being hosted on Crestron's Application Marketplace
- The Nucleus-only restrictions have been removed, you can now use the module with all Roon Cores
To use this module, your Crestron Processor must also support uploading SIMPL code to it, Crestron Home is not compatible.
We also provide an extension Node API here for those who wish to create their own module:
Roon Node Github
- Browsing of Roon’s Library and Music Services from Crestron
- Genre Browsing
- Control of Roon’s zones from Crestron
- Transport controls
- Now Playing information
- Volume/Mute controls
- Zone Grouping
There are two modules: the Roon Device Module which talks to an individual output device, and the Roon System Module which manages the connection to the Roon system. Roon’s module includes a Crestron MediaPlayer implementation, as well as transport and now playing information exposed via Joins to facilitate custom interfaces.
- Modules + Example Program (Download link on Crestron Application Market)
- User Manual
Upgrading from a previous build
If you are upgrading from a previous Roon Crestron build, please follow these instructions for proper communication:
- Update Nucleus and Roon Remotes to the newest Roon version
- Unauthorize any existing Crestron extension in Roon Settings -> Extensions -> View
- Add the Nucleus' IP address in the Crestron module RoonSystemModule symbol
- Compile and upload the module to the processor
- Reboot the Nucleus from the WebUI or power button
- Enable/Pair the new module in Roon Settings -> Extensions
- Configure the new module in Roon Settings -> Extensions
- Reboot the Nucleus again after the module is paired
If you're having an issues with our Crestron module, or if you have any questions, please visit us on our Community Site and make a post in the
Home Automation section
. Our Support staff will gladly be able to help!
You can confirm what version you're running by looking at the program header file in SIMPL
Version 1.0 Build 10
- Updated module to support compiling on Crestron Device Database 200+
- Module now supports 4-Series Processors
Version 1.0 Build 9
- Added press-and-hold functionality for volume ramping via digital signals
Version 1.0 Build 8
- You are now required to place the Nucleus IP address in the RoonSystemModule symbol and it is recommended that this IP does not change
- Added support for processors with Control Subnets such as CP3N, PRO3 & AV3
- Improved TIDAL Search functionality
- Added Qobuz functionality to module
- Fixed issue with duplicate zones appearing in Roon -> Extension Settings
- Fixed zone names sometimes failing to appear in interface's home screen
- Fixed issue with Explore Menu sometimes not loading
- Added ability to jump to iOS Roon App in iPhone/iPad interfaces (linked to press5 on both IPID 05 and IPID 06)
- Updated Home/App icons
Version 1.0 Build 7
- Significant performance improvements when selecting/playing music
- Added home button to the Explore Menu for easier navigation
- Improved our ability to detect and remove duplicate zones under Roon Extensions
- Improvements to volume control logic when using analog ramps to set volume values
- Added version numbers in our module for easier build identification
Version 1.0 Build 6
- Programmed EnableDebugMode to enable/disable module feedback, if (EnableDebugMode = 0) module traces are hidden, if (EnableDebugMode = 1) module traces are visible.
- NOTE: Module traces cause a strain on processor and are recommended to be left off unless explicitly needed for testing purposes
- Added a 4th Audio Zone to match Control4 setup with 4 zones
- Updated Zone names to change dynamically based on in-app selections
- MuteAll and PauseAll functions in RoonSystemModule have been implemented
- RoonDeviceModule symbols can now be moved into subfolders and don't need to reside in the Main folder
- Moved join-based signals into their own sub-modules to focus on CRPC based communication instead
Version 1.0 Build 5
- Added support for the controlling of multiple audio zones
- Pre-programmed a CP3 processor for 3 audio zones control
- Added an additional TSW-750 to demonstrate two panel controls
- Added an iPad and iPhone version to demonstrate mobile control
- Added both an "Archived" and "Compiled" edition of our Example code (Note: If unfamiliar with using archives, please use the "Compiled" edition of the sample code)
- IPID for TSW-750 is now IPID 03, IPID for TSW-1050 is now IPID 04, iPad IPID is now 05, iPhone IPID is now 06
- Browse menu in the smart graphics media player fixed to work with multiple device modules in the same project
- Browse menu in the smart graphics media player fixed to correctly update the zone it is controlling when the zone setting is change in Roon settings -> extensions -> Crestron
Announcements: The Nucleus-only restriction has been removed, this module now works with all types of Roon Servers The Control4 module has been open-sourced, you can find a link to the GitHub repository below if you wish to make additional module ...
The Roon Home Page Roon’s Home is the launching point into a world of musical discovery. From insights into your library and listening happens to personalised recommendations powered by Valence, Home offers the perfect place to begin exploring your ...
Airplay Issues in Roon
When attempting to start playback on certain devices using AirPlay, Roon may receive an error. Below, we'll delve into the devices that are known to experience these issues and provide some helpful solutions to address them. Cabassee Pearl & JBL ...
MUSE - Precision Audio Control: Accessing the MUSE suite
There are several ways to access the MUSE - Precision Audio Control suite. In Roon From your volume controls: By right-clicking or long-pressing the current zone icon: From Signal Path: Using a keyboard shortcut: Windows: Ctrl-/ Mac: Command-/ In ARC ...
Basics and Setup Chromecast is fully supported by Roon! Chromecast devices can be setup just the same as any other zone within Roon. Simply head to Settings > Audio and enable your Chromecast device. Hardware Support The following devices have been ...