FAQ: Can I use my Meridian Sooloos 2.1 music and database with Roon?
It's easy to migrate your Sooloos library and playlists over to Roon! While Roon is not able to talk with Sooloos storage devices directly, Roon is able to read from nearly all local and network storage devices.
To access your music and playlists, follow these steps to export your music library out of Sooloos to a storage device Roon can access.
That's it! It's also possible to export a portion of your library, but the instructions above should cover migrating your entire library from Sooloos to Roon.
Any questions, let us know!
- Connect a local or network hard drive with enough capacity for your entire Sooloos collection
- In Control: PC or Control: Mac find the Export tab, and add the new storage drive as a Native Export Destination
- Select the "Export All Albums and Playlists" checkbox
- Sooloos will start copying your music to the drive, and should embed metadata in the files during the export, so Roon can identify the albums in your collection and retrieve metadata.
- Once the Sooloos export is complete, add the exported music as a Watched Folder in Roon
Before the Roon team started Roon, many of us worked for Meridian Audio. While we were there, we designed and built their network streaming protocol, and worked to implement it across the Meridian/Sooloos product line. As a result, we are in a unique ...
Remember to ALWAYS exit or stop Roon/RoonServer before copying, moving, or accessing your Roon database. macOS Open Finder and click Go in the top bar Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder Click the Library folder Find and ...
FAQ: Why didn't Roon find any metadata for my album?
Roon uses our own proprietary process to identify as much of your collection as possible, but there may be some songs or albums in your collection we're not able to match. Usually this is because your version of the album doesn't match any of the ...
FAQ: Can I import music from a remote?
If you're running Roon Remote on Mac or PC, you can drag and drop music right into the app. Copies of the music you drag into Roon will be added to the Watched folder set up on your Roon Server.
FAQ: What's volume leveling?
Roon analyzes your music files using the ReplayGain algorithm. Roon also uses volume leveling information provided by TIDAL and Qobuz for their streaming content. If volume leveling is enabled, Roon will automatically adjust the volume to maintain a ...
Visit the Roon Community!
Need help? Thousands of Roon subscribers and audio enthusiasts are chatting over on our community site right now, join them! You don't even need a Roon subscription to sign up.