FAQ: Why did all my zones disappear?
If your zones are not showing up in Roon, or all of your audio outputs are gone, it typically indicates:
In the event that this happens, our support team is on hand to help resolve the issue. Just let us know some more details about your setup, and we'll help you troubleshoot!
- A networking problem is interfering with Roon's ability to communicate with your zones. Review our network best practices for tips on ensuring stability in this area.
- Roon's audio server process (RAATServer) is crashing.
- For audio devices directly connected to a headless server running Windows, you need to configure auto login.
- Firewall Issues : verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your firewall.
- Low-level corruption : if you're experiencing corruption, install a fresh version of Roon on your Core machine and restore to one of your older backups.
FAQ: Which zones can I control remotely?
What kinds of outputs can I control remotely in Roon? You can use Roon to remotely control anyzone, including: Outputs connected to your Roon Core Outputs connected to devices or computers that are running Roon as a remote Outputs connected to ...
FAQ: How do I link zones so they play the same thing simultaneously?
If you have more than one zone connected to Roon, you can group them together and play the same music in multiple rooms to get the party going! How To Group Zones To Group Zones, select the current zone you're controlling in Roon, and select Group : ...
FAQ: Where can I set a crossfade?
How To Configure Crossfade You can set a crossfade of 0-10 seconds from the Zone Picker. Click the current zone on the right side of the bottom bar, then in the pop-up window click the speaker icon followed by the gearwheels icon to display the Zone ...
FAQ: What's Exclusive Mode?
Exclusive mode allows Roon to take full control of the audio device when music is playing, bypassing the operating system mixer (on your desktop or laptop computer) and interrupting any other applications using the device. Running with Exclusive mode ...
FAQ: What's volume leveling?
Roon analyzes your music files using the ReplayGain algorithm. Roon also uses volume leveling information provided by TIDAL and Qobuz for their streaming content. If volume leveling is enabled, Roon will automatically adjust the volume to maintain a ...
Visit the Roon Community!
Need help? Thousands of Roon subscribers and audio enthusiasts are chatting over on our community site right now, join them! You don't even need a Roon subscription to sign up.