FAQ: How can I save recommendations to listen to later?
How can I save recommendations to listen to later?
Roon has a wealth of features and functionality to discover and explore music. Recently a new Roon customer asked,
When browsing articles on my Mac I just add something to my reading list if I want to go back to it later. Is there a way to do this in Roon with new albums or single recommendations? Can I add them to a listening list before adding to my library? Thanks, I'm loving Roon!
Creating a playlist is a quick and easy way to save music you'd like to hear later, but not add to your library immediately.
Here's how to do it:
- Let's say you're looking at your TIDAL tab in Roon and see several albums that pique your interest.
- Long press them to select the albums you want to review
- Then click the ellipsis button at the top of the page (1)
- Select Add to playlist (2)
- Create a new playlist (3)
- Name the playlist and press Create (4)
- This will save a list of the music you want to explore, before adding it to your library
- If there's something in the list you do want to add to your library, simply click the album title in the playlist
- Then click the plus button on the album page
- You can create a new playlist each time, or simply add new selections to the Explore playlist you've already made.
It's that easy!
FAQ: Can I scrobble to Last fm while I listen in Roon?
Yes, all you need to do is sync your Last.FM account in your Roon profile. To do that, click your profile in the top corner of Roon, then select Manage Profiles, and press the Edit button You can also access your profiles from Roon's settings, like ...
FAQ: What's Radio and how does it work?
What is Roon Radio? Designed from the ground up with machine learning technology, Roon Radio can play a mix of your favorites along with music from beyond your library, using the vast catalog of music from TIDAL and Qobuz. Roon Radio makes ...
FAQ: What's a watched folder?
You add your local music to Roon via "watched" folders. These are folders that will be monitored by Roon for new music. Your files are left in the folder and won't be copied or modified in any way unless you explicitly choose to add or delete them ...
FAQ: How do I set up Roon to use my DAC?
Start in Settings, which you can access by clicking the Navigation button, then clicking Settings: In Settings, click Audio and find your DAC. You should see a big "Enable" button next to it, like I'm seeing here for my DragonFly: Click Enable, then ...
FAQ: How do I select songs or albums? What can I do?
Selecting You can select tracks, albums, and lots of other things from almost any screen in Roon. To select something, right-click when using a mouse, or press and hold when using a touch interface. Once you've selected something, a selection bar ...
Visit the Roon Community!
Need help? Thousands of Roon subscribers and audio enthusiasts are chatting over on our community site right now, join them! You don't even need a Roon subscription to sign up.