Screen Resolution Is Too Small
Roon requires a resolution of at least 1280x720, and if your scaling factor results in a virtual resolution smaller than that you can see this error when trying to use Roon. This most frequently happens when scaling from high resolutions, like with a 4K monitor.
The best solution is to change the scaling factor for Roon only. To do this, see these instructions:
- In Windows, open the Run dialog (just type Run in the start menu)
- In the Run dialog, click Browse
- Navigate to the Application folder of your Roon database
- (this will be something like C:\Users\ [your user name] \AppData\Local\Roon\Application
- Click Roon.exe
- Now you should have the correct path in the Run dialog – for example:
- Put that path in double-quotes and then add the scale factor modifier to the end – For example:
- "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe" -scalefactor=2
- Launch Roon and see if things look better – if not, open the Run dialog, click the little down arrow to find your previous command, and change 2 to something else, like 3, like this:
- "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe" -scalefactor=3
- Repeat until things are scaled how you’d like
- Once you find what scale factor works for you, right click the Roon Shortcut and copy the same command (from the Run dialog) into the shortcut’s “Target” field – then Roon should open up with your custom scale factor every time.
Android Display Settings
Roon's interface should look great on most common Android devices, but because of the wide variety of Android devices and manufacturers in the world, there's a chance you may run in to a few display anomalies, such as: - Your tablet is displaying the ...
On-Screen Keyboard For Windows Touchscreen Laptops
On some newer versions of Windows devices, there is an issue with finding the On-Screen Keyboard option in Roon Settings. Below is a workaround for getting the On-Screen Keyboard to properly appear in Roon. To enable the On-Screen Keyboard: 1. Head ...
FAQ: How do I create a shared folder on Windows and add it as a watched folder in Roon?
If you want Roon to be able to access your music library that's stored on your Windows device, you need to first ensure that the folder is properly shared. Once the folder is shared it can be added as a watched folder in Roon. Please see the ...
Configuring Windows to log in automatically for Headless Servers
For those signing on with a PIN, this will disable the PIN login method and automatically log you in using your Microsoft account credentials supplied in these strings. To configure Windows to log in automatically, you'll need to follow these steps: ...
Audio On Windows
Overview Roon supports two output mechanisms on Windows: WASAPI and ASIO. WASAPI is Microsoft's recommended method for accessing WDM (Windows Driver Model) Audio drivers. ASIO is an alternative audio driver stack for Windows, built at Steinberg to ...
Visit the Roon Community!
Need help? Thousands of Roon subscribers and audio enthusiasts are chatting over on our community site right now, join them! You don't even need a Roon subscription to sign up.